If you have been involved in an automobile accident or some other type of accident, you may be entitled to seek recovery for your damages. Likewise, if someone else has been injured because of your negligence, you might be sued. Many issues are involved in these types of cases, and there are many questions that must be answered…
- Who is at fault?
- Can the claim be proved?
- What is the Statute of Limitations?
- Is their Insurance coverage?
- What are the Injuries and the Appropriate Treatment?
- Is their Property Damage?
- What at the amounts of Medical Expenses and Lost Wages?
- What Damage Awards might be Possible?
- Can the Claim be Settled or is a Lawsuit and Trial Needed?
All of these questions must be answered in a timely manner. Consult with an attorney immediately if you are involved in an automobile accident or some other incident where property damage or personal injury occurs. The attorney will review with you what needs to be done, and the attorney will discuss how legal fees will be handled. Your legal fees could be based on a contingency agreement where you only pay attorney fees if you prevail in your claim. If someone files a claim against you and you have insurance coverage, you attorney may be provided by your insurance company.